20-week ultrasound

Yesterday we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound, and things seem to be looking good with the baby's development so far. They found that I have a low-lying placenta which could cause problems, but I guess 90% of the time it is remedied in 8 weeks or so, so I will go back in for a follow-up ultrasound at 28 weeks. Hopefully it will be OK by then.
We didn't get any great ultrasound pics, but this one shows the baby lying on its left side (on its arm) looking straight ahead. (It makes more sense if you tilt your head to the right). The baby looks a bit like a skeleton or something, it isn't the cutest photo ever! But, it was fun to be able to see how much the baby had grown since our 10 week ultrasound.
For those of you who are reading this and wondering if it is a boy or a girl, check back in a couple of days. I have to make sure my family finds out the news from me first before I post it on the site! :) Sorry about that, I know that is mean. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment