Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trip #1-Wayne's Wedding-Indianapolis

I have been non-stop traveling the past few weeks, and now that I'm finally home, I am getting the chance to update the blog!

At the end of June we traveled to Indianapolis to attend Ken's brother's wedding. It was a very nice wedding and fun reception, though I had to miss the whole wedding as I knew that Brooke would not sit still in the ceremony, so I played with her in another room. We are so happy for Wayne and Cheryl!

Ken (the best man) and Brooke before the wedding.
Brooke's favorite part of the wedding was running up and down a ramp in the church building!
Brooke enjoyed playing on the dance floor at the reception...she loved the lights and the music! Thanks to my friend Elizabeth for loaning me this maternity dress!
After the wedding in Indy, we drove over 3 hours to Springfield, IL to visit Ken's parents who were unable to attend the wedding. We also went to Taylorville to visit some friends of our family. My friend Kristen's son Henry is 2 months younger than Brooke, and we had fun watching them play together. At the end of the night we had them give each other a goodnight kiss! Since we got home Brooke has been saying "Henry...kiss..." How funny.
Ken and Brooke playing in the hotel pool.
The trip involved lots of hours of driving, and we were very anxious to get home. However, we had a 5-hour delay in the Indy airport on the day we left! It was interesting to try and find ways to entertain Brooke for that long, we had numerous meltdowns! We were saved by these little arcades around the airport. Brooke sat and pretended to drive the racing games....this kept her busy for quite a long time! We were SO glad to be home. What an exhausting day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whew. looks like fun, but i was exhausted for you just reading about it! i think we are going to be experts at 'airport meltdowns' by the time we finish raising our kiddos! :)